Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Top Albums Of 2006

While I have two more CDs ordered that haven't arrived yet, I do have a list of some of my favorite albums of the year. I've yet to put them in any kind of order yet, but here's the list:

The Mars Volta - Amputechture
The Goslings - Grandeur Of Hair
Tool - 10,000 Days
Sunn O))) - La Mort Noir Dans Esch/Alzette
Six Organs Of Admittance - The Sun Awakens
Om - Conference Of The Birds
Melvins - (A) Senile Animal
Mammatus - Mammatus
John McBain - The In-Flight Feature
Jack Rose - (Untitled)
Harvey Milk - Special Wishes
GHQ - Heavy Elements
Comets On Fire - Avatar
Charalambides - A Vintage Burden
Bardo Pond - Ticket Crystals
Wooden Wand & The Omen Bones Band - Horus On The Horizon
Sunn O))) & Boris - Altar
Monkey3 - 39 Laps
Bass Communion - Loss
Hush Arbors - Landscape Of Bone
Hypnos 69 - The Eclectic Measure
Burning Saviours - Hundus
Khlyst - Chaos Is My Name
Colour Haze - Tempel
Grails - Black Tar Prophecies Vol. 1, 2, & 3
Battle Of Mice - A Day Of Nights
Boris With Michio Kurihara - Rainbow
Suishou No Fune - Where The Spirits Are

Now I have to pick a Top 10 from that list which is going to be tough. Once that is done I'll do a mini writeup for each album.

This is also the first Christmas (since 1995 I believe) that I did not receive any CDs as gifts. Being that I buy so many, it was actually a relief. I have quite the stack I still need to get through. Then again, a trip to the Lou's Records or Tower Records (if they are still open) might be in order before the year is done.

No comments: